The ANM - Promoting Natural Medicine through professional training, public education and practitioner support
The Association of Natural Medicines Ltd (ANM) office is based in Witham, Essex and we are an umbrella organisation for training courses and practitioners of many disciplines. Our members are mainly in the UK, however we also embrace members overseas.
Our Governing Council hold regular meetings at least 8 a year, plus our Annual General Meeting is always held in October at Rivenhall End, Witham, Essex and is open to all to attend for free. Our Tutors also have a separate meeting every year for Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Since our beginning we have strived to deliver excellent training in holistic therapies and are proud to be able to offer courses which range from ‘Anatomy & Physiology’ to ‘Reflexology’ – our list of fantastic courses are being added to continually - for current courses see below:
The Association of Natural Medicines (ANM) is a limited company, founded in 1983 by Dr Nelson Brunton and a group of friends and colleagues with a common interest in and enthusiasm for complementary medicine.
Together they aimed to promote interest in the use of natural medicine through education, by offering quality courses, supporting registered practitioners and supplying a forum for debate.
The ANM later achieved charity status and is conscious of its responsibility to the public, its members and the standing of all complementary therapies.
We act as an umbrella organisation, giving support and education in a broad range of therapies and maintaining a register of practitioners in whom we are confident to make referrals to the general public.
Our aims are best summarised as:
- Bringing together practitioners, students and interested individuals from the various disciplines of natural medicine who wish to support the Association and its aims
- Providing courses, workshops, seminars and attending exhibitions to further these aims and to publish and circulate a quarterly journal to all members and associates
- Promoting interest in natural medicine with the public at large and providing information and instruction for their benefit
- Providing qualifying courses for practitioners in natural medicine
- Sponsoring a block insurance scheme which is open to all qualified practitioners registered with the ANM ensuring that patients and clients are adequately protected against injury, accident and malpractice
- Speaking with as loud a voice as possible on behalf of all members in establishing natural medicine in its rightful place in the field of healing
- Fostering understanding and co-operation with members of the medical profession sympathetic to natural medicine and developing such sympathies wherever possible
- Fostering and encouraging research and development in the areas covered by natural medicine
Key Personnel within the Association
Governing Council Members:
- Nelson Brunton - President/Director
- Rachel Brunton
- Tuleena Brunton - Journal Editor
- Dave Darney - Chairman
- Brian Goodwin - Chief Executive
- Jill Harris
- John Hubble - Vice Chairman
- David Jarvis - Company Secretary
- Caryce Smith
Office Adminstration Staff:
- Wendy Frakes
- Carol Jones
Association of Natural Medicines Ltd
27 Braintree Road
Essex CM8 2DD
Telephone/Fax: 01376 502762